SunMate Orthopedic Cushions
One of our best-selling SunMate sheet sizes (32"x37") is now available for online ordering. Our standard wheelchair size (16"x18") SunMate may also be ordered here. Contact us for available slipcover options. You may also contact us by phone, fax, or e-mail to place an order. Don't forget to check out our Discount SunMate page for the latest deals.
High Performance, Pressure Relief and Impact Absorption
SunMate cushions provide high impact energy absorption with soft pressure properties. It is the material of choice for the most demanding seating conditions: wheelchair, military aircraft, motorcycle, race car and more.
SunMate has slow spring-back. It contours to the body and slowly returns to its original shape once pressure is removed. SunMate’s open-cell structure maximizes airflow to reduce heat buildup, while its viscoelastic properties allow it to uniformly distribute pressure and absorb impact energy to alleviate sitting fatigue. SunMate is one of the most comfortable, versatile, and economical cushion materials on the market today.
Health Benefits of SunMate
- Slow-flow body contouring provides uniform weight distribution for pressure relief.
- Support capability alleviates fatigue from long-term sitting or lying down.
- SunMate effectively absorbs 90% of normal-use impact energy, greatly reducing fatigue caused by sudden jolts or constant vibration.
Size and Support Ranges
- Standard, custom, and bun sizes are available, as well as wedges and contoured cushions.
- Eight pressure support levels accommodate any body weight or special weight-distribution need: Extra-Soft, Soft, Medium-Soft, Medium, Medium-Firm, Firm, Extra-Firm, and Hard.
- SunMate is lightweight with a density of 5 lb/ft3.
- SunMate is an elastomeric, polyurethane, viscoelastic foam with open-cell structure.
- SunMate retains its physical properties beyond normal temperature ranges.
- A fabric-finished cushion can withstand years of use.
- Waterproof coatings and slipcovers may be purchased separately.
Fire Retardant Options
- In a fire, SunMate burns with naturally low toxicity because it is formulated with 33-36% natural, plant-based ingredients.
- SunMate does not contain fire-retardants, but a non-halogenated fire-retardant can be added upon request.
- Fire-retardant coatings and slipcovers may be purchased separately.